Saturday, October 8, 2016

A Review of Blogger

Blogger is a website that allows anyone to create a blog for free. It gives individuals the opportunity to craft their own personal blog page on their own terms. It is a great website for beginner bloggers who are just starting to test the waters in the blogging world, because they are given so much freedom on an easy-to-use system.

The students of Social Media Principles use Blogger every week. As a student in the class, I have come to get to know the website fairly well in the couple months that we have been in class. It took me a few minutes to figure out and understand all of the tricks to the site, but once I got the basics down I was set. I customized my page exactly the way I wanted it in every way possible, and I made sure my new blog correlated with how I see myself. It was fun to create the blog’s design and layout, but then after that it was time to get to work.

I now write three blogs a week, and the process has become second nature to me. What I like most about Blogger is how easy it is to navigate the site and organize your blogs. Having all options available and clear to me as I craft my blog makes everything so much simpler. I also love the statistics Blogger shows you about the blogs that you write. These include how many people have viewed and commented as well as what sites they viewed it from. This is extremely helpful in planning where to post each blogs, because it shows you where your blogs are getting viewed the most.

Although those are all wonderful qualities of Blogger, there is one thing in particular that I feel it is lacking. I believe it would be beneficial for Blogger to have a “home” page, so that there may be a feed of other Blogger users’ blogs and blog posts. There is an option at the top of the site that says “next blog”, which, when clicked, takes you to a random person’s blog. However, although this is a step up from not being able to browse any other blogs, it’s not a great system. It doesn’t always show you blogs that are updated, and you never know who’s blog you are going to be viewing. You can’t pick and choose blogs based on your interest, which if that were to be implemented into the site, might really add something great.


Overall, I think that Blogger is a great site, and I’m thankful that I have been I’ve had the opportunity to get to know how it all works. I would definitely recommend this site to friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment